Do you want to have a better day? With the seasonal changes to shorter and darker days many people experience low moods and less energy; this year take steps to stay ahead so you can enjoy all the beauty and natural wonder that seasonal changes bring. Here are 5 things you can do to increase serotonin levels and uplift your spirits.
- Find things to appreciate, make daily lists of things to appreciate
- Notice acts of kindness – research shows that whether you are the one being kind or witnessing an act of kindness your serotonin levels naturally increase
- Give or receive a hug, or get a massage – the gift of touch also increases serotonin levels
- Invest in a sunlight lamp – about 15 minutes daily is all you need to increase serotonin
- Avoid those tempting sugary foods – when you need a boost of energy instead of cookies have a handful of nuts.
This year, tell yourself “You Can Do It!